One of Ad Age’s “Best Places to Work” for the last 3 years, is on the hunt for a creative visionary. Someone who is always asking questions, always pushing themselves and their team to achieve bigger and better and always challenging the status quo. S50’s next VP, Creative Director is going to be a powerhouse that has passion for the craft of language, design and communication. Understands that great creative can’t happen without great strategy and they will contribute to leading those strategies.
- You will report to the Executive Creative Director // Partner of the agency and help lead a rapidly growing design/content/motion graphics team of 20 + spanning across full-time employees to freelancers.
- You will efficiently and effectively help manage their work, workload, and on-time delivery as well as mentoring and empowering their career growth
- You will partner very closely with the Account leads on the businesses you oversee to ensure their satisfaction, growth and identify new opportunities
- You will develop a complete understanding of the business goals of our clients, audiences they target and channels we execute for them and will have a proven track record of doing so with previous client engagements
- Help the team achieve creative excellence within a very demanding, results-driven organization
- While you will be managing businesses and teams, you’re a working creative director. You love what you do so much that you still get your hands dirty; drafting content strategy decks, writing a little, brainstorming a little.
- You will be a huge cultural influence for our team. Keeping up the high-energy, collaborative spirit already engrained into our every day
- You will work very closely with the VP’s of CX, Strategy, Technology, and Account. You’ll assist in driving tight, action-oriented briefs and unearthing incredible, salient insights
- You have an intimate knowledge of what it takes to guide the creative process of everything from web development projects to brand positioning to healthcare and be expected to guide the team with best practices but also know when to push the envelope
- You are a great communicator. To internal teams, to clients and to management, you are clear, concise, thoughtful and charismatic
- You will be asked to lead New Business pitches with account management and strategy and ensure high creative quality and timeliness of every new business pitch submission
- You are hungry and have the spark to do great work, learn new technologies and actively understand the latest social and content trends and can enthusiastically participate
- You will effectively be able to manage and shift resources, project staffing needs and manage budgets
- 10-18 yrs experience spanning creative direction, editorial, design, agency, digital, branded content
- A writing background is a MUST for this role, you must have had experience dealing directly with CEO’s, CMO’s, SVP’s of Fortune 500 companies, defining brand positioning approaches, brand voice, ghost-writing speeches and corporate communications and instilling confidence in you and your agency’s POV
- Must have done ground-breaking B2B and B2C work, and have personally led and authored content strategy work. Healthcare experience is a bonus, but we are looking for someone with expertise in a broad varieties of verticals
- Awards, lots of great awards, but not the overbearing ego that sometimes goes with them
- You’ve worked at large agencies and small ones and have cherry-picked the best principles and aspects of both as your guiding star
- You’ve stayed current on the latest technologies and trends in the industry and you know how to apply them
- Proven track record of effectively and efficiently managing multiple teams and multiple businesses at once
- Incredibly strong work ethic, we’re a family here, and you don’t let down your family
- A passionate team of people who love working with you. You foster loyalty among your team and they will be very sad to see you come work here. But maybe someday they’ll follow you.
- Excellent public speaking and pitching skills
- Deep knowledge and interest in all digital areas including digital media, website creation, social media, content & technology
- Passion, positivity, curiosity, self-motivation, perseverance
- The ability to thrive in an incredibly fast-paced, entrepreneurial and creatively demanding environment and will have to balance many projects at once with tight deadlines and schedules. So your problem-solving skills are on-point
- A KILLER portfolio