One of Ad Age’s “Best Places to Work” for the last 3 years is searching for a right-brained/left-brained Social Strategist. The perfect candidate is digitally and socially native, and fully tapped in to where the social sphere is going. They have their very own crystal ball.
We’re looking for a Social Strategist who lives on social media platforms personally and professionally, all day and all night. The perfect candidate knows how to connect followers and fans to brands in the most authentic ways, no matter the platform.
- You’ll be a critical member of the strategy team yet collaborate with our brilliant creatives and technologists daily to develop smart channel strategies and thumb-stopping content
- Build out social strategies for clients. Fully understand the business goals, consumer needs and category situation to come to the right voice, use and roles of each social channel, and types of content we serve in each platform
- You’ll be able to articulate how social channels fit into the larger digital ecosystem and across touchpoints. You’ll weigh in on how social fits into the customer journey and where to drive them next
- Be the owner and champion of the social vision and lead follow-through of execution
- Present social POV with authority, enthusiasm and confidence to our clients
- Partner with clients to ensure that there is social synergy in cases where WE are providing social strategy but THEY are executing internally
- Build relevant client relationships – from guiding strategic approach and education about the space to handling feedback, etc.
- Be the social thought-leader internally, educating a cross-functional team on the latest social trends
- Present quarterly trend reports to clients to keep them on the pulse of what is happening out there
- Provide POV on the best social listening, scheduling and reporting tools, know all the big ones and have a working knowledge of how to get what we need out of them
- Pull reports and synthesize them into client-facing observations and recommendations and know how to put those recommendations into action
- Can help identify the KPIs per channel that we need to look at, benchmark them for clients and help creative team to do the work that will deliver on them
- When needed, moderate and manage community conversation, promote positive conversation, and respond to social conversation both in public and private
- Create our community management standards of escalation
- Help define our own S50 agency social pov and work with PR team on raising awareness of the agency
- 4+ years working as a social manager, community manager, digital manager in an agency or client-side
- Enthusiastic, naturally curious, creative, and passionate
- Detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Experience defining roles of paid / owned / earned channels and content and creating for all
- Deep understanding for all things social including platforms, audiences, best practices, and trends
- You know how to use social data to inform larger, macro brand or consumer insights
- Proficiency in key social media management tools such as Sprout, Brandwatch, Hootsuite, etc.
- Proficiency in reporting
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Agile mindset, comfortable operating in an evolving environment
- MUST have examples of brand channels that you have played a strategy role in and ideally did or guided community management
If you’d like to apply, send an email with your resume, portfolio link and 3-5 SHORT bullets as to why YOU FIT the specific criteria we outlined. Please put [SOCIAL STRATEGIST] as the subject line – firstname.lastname@example.org.