One of Ad Age’s “Best Places to Work” for the last 3 years, is on the hunt for a copy-side freelance Creative Director for two non-profit, results-oriented businesses. S50’s next Creative Director is going to be a powerhouse that has passion for the craft of language, design and communication.
Our promise to our clients is that we put senior-level talent on businesses who DO THE WORK. So, you must love campaign development and writing for digital and social ad campaigns. You are also no stranger to drafting content strategy decks, developing tone-of-voice, brainstorming, writing video scripts/digital ads/emails as the work requires. We are small, mighty and scrappy, everyone wears a lot of hats.
- You will report to the Executive Creative Director // Partner of the agency and help lead 1-3 core businesses
- You will be an active participant in creative deliverables; While you will manage a small team, you will be expected to concept with them and write
- The primary businesses this role will take on are results-oriented; the work is concepting of quarterly digital campaign ideas and execution of breakthrough yet hardworking paid social and digital display ads, driving fundraising results and membership acquisitions for 2 non-profits – video storytelling is a must
- You will efficiently and effectively help manage creative team workload, and on-time delivery as well as mentoring and empowering their career growth
- You will partner very closely with the Account leads on businesses to ensure their satisfaction, growth and identify new opportunities
- You will develop a complete understanding of the business goals of our clients, audiences they target and channels we execute for them and will have a proven track record of doing so with previous client engagements
- You lead teams and work with empathy and a consumer-centric pov, you guide your teams to understand what makes consumers tick and you help craft impactful communications to deliver on the brand promise
- Help the team achieve creative excellence within a very demanding, results-driven organization
- You will be a huge cultural influence for our team. Keeping up the high-energy, collaborative spirit already engrained into our everyday
- You will work very closely with the VP’s of CX, Strategy, Technology, and Account. You’ll assist in driving tight, action-oriented briefs and unearthing incredible, salient insights
- You have an intimate knowledge of what it takes to guide the creative process of everything from web development projects to brand positioning to healthcare and be expected to guide the team with best practices but also know when to push the envelope
- You are a great communicator. To internal teams, to clients and to management, you are clear, concise, thoughtful and charismatic
- You will be participate in New Business pitches with account management and ensure high creative quality and timeliness of new business pitch submissions
- You are hungry and have the spark to do great work, learn new technologies and actively understand the latest social and content trends and can enthusiastically participate
- You will effectively be able to manage and shift resources, project staffing needs and manage budgets
- 10-14 yrs proven experience spanning creative direction, editorial, design, agency, digital, branded content
- A writing background is a MUST for this role, you must have proven experience doing digital paid advertising and know the best-practices of organic versus paid social and display advertising
- You must be incredibly detail-oriented and able to juggle a lot of information, assets and direction at once – our non-profits deal with sensitive material, and keeping it all straight is critical
- Must have experience working with account managers to define process for your creative team and manage creative deliverables
- The ability to thrive in an incredibly fast-paced, entrepreneurial and creatively demanding environment and will have to balance multiple projects at once with tight deadlines and schedules. So, your problem-solving skills are on-point
- Awards, lots of great awards, but not the overbearing ego that sometimes goes with them
- You’ve freelanced before and love the entrepreneurial lifestyle but have also worked at large agencies and small ones so you understand collaborative team work
- You’ve stayed current on the latest technologies and trends in the industry and you know how to apply them
- Proven track record of effectively and efficiently managing multiple teams and multiple businesses at once
- Incredibly strong work ethic, we’re a family here, and you don’t let down your family
- A passionate team of people who love working with you. You foster loyalty among your team and they will be very sad to see you come work here. But maybe someday they’ll follow you.
- Excellent public speaking, communication and pitching skills
- Deep knowledge and interest in all digital areas including digital media, website creation, social media, content & technology
- Passion, positivity, curiosity, self-motivation, perseverance
- A KILLER portfolio
If you’d like to apply, send an email with your resume, portfolio link and 3-5 SHORT bullets as to why YOU FIT the specific criteria we outlined. Please put [COPY CD] as the subject line – firstname.lastname@example.org.